Refined Training 4.0 introduces several new features and expands others. The most significant aspect of this release takes you from Moodle 2.7 to Moodle 3.2. Here are some of the key Moodle features we think you may find interesting:
Click here to review the Moodle Release Notes
User Tours allow you to build guided walk-throughs on any Refined Training page. User Tours can be used to create new course orientations, process guides or targeted tips on specific features.
A User Tour can display general messages in the center of the page or tie specific messages tied to selected blocks or page elements. User Tours can be filtered to particular themes and user roles.
Here's a quick overview. (Click here to open the video in a new window.)
Global Search lets you search everywhere on the Moodle site that you have access to. For example, a student can search his or her courses for particular lecture notes or a teacher could search for subject-related activities. Check out this link for more information.
Boost Theme. The Boost Theme integrates global search and messaging. Here's a quick overview. (Click here to open the video in a new window.)
Here's more information about the Boost theme.
ENHANCEMENTS AND FEATURES
BUG FIXES AND MINOR UPDATES
- Ensured that course short names cannot contain the symbols "#&=?+
- Added setting to override password on existing AC accounts during account creation
- Increased Adobe Grading threshold
- Created an option to display enroll page to non-logged in users
- Removed interim step on SCORM packages
- Converted date display from Unix to DD-MM-YYYY HH:MM:SS in Report Builder
- Created [[expiredate]] tag for enrollment expiry is valid for all enrollment methods the tag is used in a reminder message (Manual Enrollment method only)
- Limit course description for Enrolled Courses and List of Courses options on front page
- Set up SAML SSO with Onelogin.com and SAML2 plugin for Moodle 3.2
- Removed disabled Adobe Connect phone profiles as options for the Connect Meeting activity
- Updated Certificate activity to check if activity is visible to user before issuing certificate
- Updated rt_state, rt_postcode custom fields to work with CSV upload
- Resolved bug with URL resource opening home page instead of link
- Resolved bug with SCORM package upload redirects to home page
- Updated Certificates activity to mark certificates complete when issuing from meeting completion
- Resolved issue with users receiving incorrect Reminder Messages when using Recurring Meeting Activity
- Resolved issue with Restrict Access setting for first login not respected for labels on front page
- Resolved issue with CEU report timing out when custom columns are added
- Resolved error saving attendance in Sign-In Reconciliation activity
- SAML3 authentication on field mapping resolved error writing to the database
- Resolved issue with Refined Services not pushing group members from LMS to Connect
- Attendance report has been deprecated
Click here to access the Refined Data Solution support site.
Version: RT 4.0
Staging Release date: 2017-10-25
Production Release date: 2017-11-04
Browser Required: IE (latest), Chrome (latest), Firefox (latest), Safari (latest)
Legacy Browsers with known compatibility issues with Moodle 3.2: IE 10 and below, Safari 7 and below
Product Overview: Major release moving from Moodle version 2.7 (RT 3.5) to Moodle version 3.2 (RT 4.0)