Table of Contents
When a new user is added to the LMS, a new user welcome email can be sent to that user with their login credentials (username and password). The logs can be used to verify the new user welcome email was sent.
Add new user and send welcome email
- To add a new user, log into the LMS as an administrator.
- Navigate to Site administration >>>> Users >>>> Accounts >>>> Add new user
- Add all applicable user information and enable the checkbox to Generate password and click Create user.
Verify email send
- To verify the new user welcome email send, navigate to Site administration >>>> Reports >>>> Logs
- Check the logs for the day when the user was created.
- The logs will display the verified sent email.
- You may see “Email sent from the user with id -20.” A user with -20 id may display if the email is coming from a no reply email. This will not affect the functionality.
Additional information on generating and notifying new users can be found in the Moodle documentation.