The Auto Record pod triggers recording reminders to the host or automatically starts a recording when a certain number of attendees are present. The pod acts like a guardian angel in your Adobe Connect session ensuring you never miss another recording.
Click the video below to discover how the Auto Record pod records meetings or read the documentation.
Table of contents:
- Set up
- Thresholds: Configure your Auto Record pod to automatically record your Adobe Connect meeting when a certain number of participants are present.
1. Select and download your custom pod from the website. Click here to learn how to download and install your custom pod.
2. It is important that the Presenter Only area is closed when loading the pod in the meeting room. When loaded, the pod will disappear from the layout and a message will appear, “Recording will auto-start when there are 8 or more participants.” The pod takes up no real-estate in the meeting room.
3. To re-affirm that the Auto-Record pod is loaded in the meeting room, select the Pods menu from the Adobe Connect meeting menu bar, navigate to the Share option and verify the check mark next to RDS Recording Monitor.
4. The pod will auto-install itself on each layout in a meeting room. Layouts added to the room after the auto-record pod is loaded will also have the pod.
5. To remove the pod navigate to the pods menu and select manage pods. Select the auto-record pod from the listing and click delete. Simply unchecking the record-pod in the pods menu will not remove the pod from the meeting room.
The Auto Record pod starts working when participants enter the meeting room based on a set of thresholds. These thresholds are set at the account level by Refined Data Solutions.
Minimum student threshold: This threshold allows your faculty to prepare meeting rooms without forcing a recording. By default, we start reminding the host to record the session when the third participant enters but this can be set to any number.
Forced student threshold: This second threshold is the number of students required to "force" a recording to start. i.e. the host is not given the option to choose or to "snooze" the reminder. The default forced threshold is set to 10 students. If the forced threshold is set to be the same or lower than the minimum threshold, instructors are not given the option to dismiss or snooze the reminders and the recording just starts.
Snooze Delay: This is the number of seconds that the pod will sleep if an instructor clicks the "Remind Me Later" button. By default, this is 90 seconds.
Prevent Dismissal: If set to ON, this feature disables the Stop Reminding Me option in the pod.
RT Tip - The pod does not count hosts or presenters in a meeting, only the participants in the room trigger the recording behavior. If you wish to ensure that every meeting is recorded, no matter what, we suggest that you set the Forced Student Threshold to one and Prevent the Dismissal of the reminders.
Only the host sees the pop up reminder asking if they would like to Start Recording Now, Remind Me Later, or Stop Reminding Me.
Editing a recording
Editing a recording is made possible through the administration on the Adobe Connect platform. You can learn more here.
By default when using the Auto Record pod all recordings reside in Adobe Connect with the meeting as a separate file under the recordings tab. The recordings have the same name as the original meeting room with the addition of a numbered suffix. In Adobe Connect, a recording that is manually started can be renamed, this ability is not available with the Auto Record pod.
1. To access a recording, select the meeting and in the menu bar select Recordings.
2. The Auto Record pod will give the recorded meeting a default name and summary, which can be edited by selecting the Actions menu and selecting Edit Information.
3. The recording itself can also be edited. In the Actions menu, choose the Edit Recording option. The recording will open.
4. On the play bar, two points will appear which can be adjusted to cut out any sections of the recording. Once your edits have been made, click Save.
5. The search window also allows users to search for specific references in the chat messages.
The Filter Events menu provides the ability to select specific events to view. Events that can be filtered as layout changes, chat messages, slide changes, and users joining or leaving the attendees or video pod.
To search for specific events type keywords into the search box and click find. Searchable events include names of meeting participants, text in all Notes pods, text in all Chat pods, and text on slides shown in the meeting.
6. Bookmarks and Chapters can be added at any point in the recording by clicking the wrench icon and then the [+] icons for bookmarks and chapters. Existing chapter markers can also be edited.
RT Tip -The Adobe Connect platform provides a complete searchable index inside a recording. Every chat, slide change, and layout change appear in the sidebar as an event. There is the ability to add a chapter marker to items listed in the index. By clicking the gear icon and selecting the add chapter icon, you can add a chapter within the recording.
7. The appearance of the sidebar can be customized by selecting from the drop down menu the options of Overlay or Persistent.
8. You can also hide specific components of the recording from the Settings menu. Components that can be hidden include attendee names and specific pods (even if those pods were included in the original meeting).
Adobe Connect’s native editing features for recordings work both when recording is listed as a meeting in the meetings tab or as content in the content tab of Adobe Connect. Clients do not need to make the appropriate edits before moving the recording to the content library. The same editing abilities are available when a recording resides in the meeting tab or the content tab.
All recordings should be moved to the content library under a folder structure mirroring the folder structure used for meetings for better content management and to ensure that recordings are not deleted. Using this practice, each recording becomes its own piece of content in the content library instead of being listed in the meeting room folder. Please note that if the meeting room is deleted and the recording is not moved to the content library, the recordings are deleted as well.
Refined features Auto archive
In addition to the base pod, Refined Data can also customize an automated service that automatically moves all recordings that are created on your system at any scheduled interval (typically every 4-8 hours) placing them in the designated content folder structure automatically managing the permissions of the content so that participants who had permissions to attend the meeting will have access to the recordings for a predetermined period of time.
For example, several of our clients include 30 day or 90 day access to classes for their participants and automatically remove the permissions when the time is right. We can ensure that this previously manual process is completely automated and seamless.